Friday, November 1, 2013

Thought I was done, but...

Today was going to be the day I posted my triumphant declaration that my battle with the VA had come to a successful conclusion, but alas, it appears not to be.  The good news: my claim and rating are complete.  Yes, you read that right.  Complete.  I will go into details of how and who later, but it is done.  I was waiting till 1 November (yes, payday) to make my second post.  Call me crazy, but I wanted to see the deposit in my account before I got all giddy.  We have all dealt with the government pay system, and it usually takes a couple tries to get things right.  Well, no deposit today.  I checked the account and routing # on file for me (several times), and it is correct, so that isn't the problem.  So no premature declarations of victory here, a la President Bush.  Also, the war continues despite the battle being won as somehow all my spouses info got misplace so I am getting paid as single.  It is criminally stupid, but the system the VA has cannot speak to the one the Army uses, so all my vital info has to be re-verified, and somehow the documentation I turned in is not there any more.  I am in a state of transition still as I await the construction of our new abode, so most of my stuff is in storage.  Hopefully I have what the VA needs (again) on hand.  Also hopefully, I find out what is up with my pay and will outline my experience with the VA to date.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Buddy, this stuff truly is criminally stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tommy. Apparently I am only getting paid from my effective date on 1 November, not my retirement date. Not sure if that is right though. f my claim was resolved in say March of next year would I just be out the months I was waiting?

    ReplyDelete